KIESOW OBERFLÄCHENCHEMIE is a group of companies specialised in the development, production and sale of mechanical and chemical processes for treatment and finishing of metal and plastic surfaces.
The town of Detmold, with a population of around 75,000, is located near the Teutoburg Forest and was first mentioned in historical records in 1263. Since 1950, this lovely town has been the location of our company headquarters, our laboratories and some of our production facilities.
It is the hub of the KIESOW Organisation. Information from all the various companies within the organisation, both local and overseas, is collected, analysed and acted upon. The production is computer controlled and our laboratories are equipped with a wide range of modern apparatus. We are constantly trying to improve the quality of our proven products and introducing new processes and methods of production to meet the requirements of our customers.
KIESOW France was founded in 1946 in Lyon. The company was purchased and taken over as part of the KIESOW Organisation in 1965. KIESOW France supplies the French market with all the products from the KIESOW range. A modern, well-equipped laboratory provides support to the technical field personnel who serve the French customer base.
In 1968, we launched our Austrian subsidiary. KIESOW Austria GmbH is situated in the town of Aurolzmünster near Ried, in the Inn district/Salzburg.
The company produces and distributes proven processes for surface treatment of metals and plastics. Our subsidiary has its own sales- and service team supported by local laboratory facilities. Apart from supplying home based customers, the company exports to the Eastern European Countries. KIESOW Austria has subsidiaries in Poland, Hungary, Serbia, Czech Republiic and Ukraine. Our locally situated offices and plating engineers provide total support for our customers in Eastern Europe.