For industrial varnishing companies the company KIESOW DR. BRINKMANN GmbH & Co. KG provides the passivation product "SURFASEAL 440" that permits chromium and phosphate-free passivation of aluminium, steel and zinc surfaces before varnishing.
The passivating agent "SURFASEAL 440" developed specially for aluminium, steel and zinc surfaces is free of chromium, nickel, cobalt, molybdenum and phosphates and can be used in the spraying process as well as for dipping.
The advantages of this process are self-evident:
- better adhesion of the lacquer than in the iron phosphate coatings
- lower working temperatures (20 to 40 °C)
- process bath with much less sludge
- short exposure time (1 minute)
- process bath and coatings can be analysed
- simple disposal, therefore environmentally friendly